Oak Island Moose Lodge
Have you heard of Moose? Of course you have! But you may not know exactly what we’re about. From young families looking for affordable, fun activities to energetic retirees eager to make a difference in their communities and meet new people … the Moose organization has something for everyone. If you’re over 21, and community-minded, then Moose membership is probably for you!
The Oak Island Moose Lodge #2059 was created in 1974. It currently has over 500 men and women members of all ages over 21. We are a family oriented organization involved in charity fund raising and community oriented activities. As part of our charity fund raising efforts by our volunteers, last year we were able to raise and donate $20,000 to Moose Charities for the renovation of Mooseheart City School, $5,000 to the Joy Assembly of God chrurch, $5,000 to The Elks Lodge towards veteran relief efforts and $5,000 to the St. James volunteer group towards community service funds.
We also have allot of fun in doing so. Our members get together in our social quarters to network, socialize and engage in fun activities such as pool tournaments, shuffleboard tournaments, cards, dinners and dancing on Saturday nights with live bands and entertainment. We also have an event hall where we play bingo and have numerous events through the year which are open to the public.
Why join the Oak Island Moose Lodge?
- It’s affordable: Annual dues range from just $35 to $100 per year—generally less than half the cost of other service-related membership organizations. And the special Member Benefits package far outweighs the cost of annual dues, with some members saving thousands of dollars each year.
- It’s flexible: As a member, you choose how involved you want to be. Whether you join through a local Lodge because you want to get involved in planning and running local events and activities, or join as a Moose “at large” to focus support solely on Mooseheart and Moosehaven, you receive the full benefits of your membership.
- It’s enjoyable: We have fun! Lodge- and Chapter-based activities are always happening just around the corner. Fundraising BBQs, darts tournaments, golf competitions and Vegas nights are just some of the ways our members let loose.
In addition to the “feel-good” camaraderie as a Moose member, there are tangible benefits to your membership. Your annual membership dues will more than pay for itself in savings through:
- Special pricing on insurance—including Auto Insurance, Term Life, Cancer Care Protection, Accidental Death, Medicare Supplemental and Emergency Travel Assistance
- Discount programs covering dental care, vision care, Lasik eye surgery and health screenings
- Discounts on prescription drugs
- Special rates on wireless service through leading carriers through the Moose Wireless Solutions Center
- Deals on travel, including discounts on Choice Hotels, cruises, car rentals and more
- If you’re 50 or over and a U.S. resident, Moose membership INCLUDES membership in AARP, and all of the extra benefits it offers!
VISIT OUR WEBSITE
Copyright 2016 – Oak Island Moose Lodge 2059. All rights reserved.
DISCLAIMER: The Loyal Order of Moose is a private organization. Activities and events referred to on this page and in the Moose Newsletter (BULLETIN) are available to Members in good standing and their qualified guests. This Website is for informational purposes only with proprietary information intended for Members only. General information is provided for the public at large but should not be construed as solicitation for membership. This Website is an initiative of the Moose Lodge 2059, Oak Island, North Carolina, and is not sanctioned by the Loyal Order of the Moose, Moose International, or any subsidiary thereof. All logos, trademarks, and service marks pertaining to the Loyal Order of Moose and / or its programs or degrees are Copyright Moose International, Inc., Mooseheart, Illinois, USA.
Membership Level: Premium Sponsorship
Southport - Oak Island
4239 Long Beach Road
Southport, NC 28461 US
Hours of Operation: Varies by day